Monday, October 2, 2006

Free Spirit

My sister took the time to build relationships when others built rejection
My sister took the time to listen, when others turned and shunned
My sister rocked you while you cried when others didn't understand your sorrow
My sister held up your name when others put you down

My sister is a free spirit

My sister is often misunderstood. We lack the patience to take time to know and feel
My sister is often mislead, she trust so easily and loves so fully
My sister is often in pain, she hurts physically and doesn't know how to protect her heart

My sister is a free spirit

My sister didn't judge me when I intensley judged myself
My sister didn't hodl me back, when i doubted myself
My sister didn't fight me but fought the demons in me when I hated myself
My sister understood me when myelf confused me

My sister the free spirit

My sister endures so much where others have fallen
My sister loves so hard when others have thrown in the towel
My sister believes in so much, when my faith has worn thin
My sister has faith, when I have lost all hope

My sister the free spirit

It may have taken a long time to recognize who you
But you took your time and went at your pace
I am sorry I pushed when i should have listend
I am sorry I fought when i should have helped
I am sorry I shut down when I should have lifted
I am sorry I didn't understand you...

I didn't understand your spirit

Happy Birthday to the one person in the world that recognizes and embraces the concept of living life to the fullest. I wish you a much BETTER YEAR ahead. I can feel that things are going to be better. I know they will be...I am here...We are here.

Raise your glasses everyone to VIXEN! I couldn't have asked for a better sister!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cheers vixen...wish we could be there to get you hella drunk but i'm sure you'll do fine without us...we taught you well ;o) more like you taught us well...remember the good 'ol days in jamestown when you'd provide the liquor...lol. much love !!!!

Passion said...

Very deep. I hope your sister appreciates and loves this. Congratulations to you Vixen

Vixen said...

Awwww!!!! this is so sweet, it made me cry....you are so fabulous, I love you so very, very much. I do believe this is the first poem you have ever written exclusively about me---dang I'm feeling hella special right now:)

Vixen said...

PS: I really did live it up....hence bloggin' so late. At least i'm still lucid enough to recognize.

Anonymous said...

*wipes tears of right eye*

Past Posts and Comments