Friday, February 10, 2006

The Valentine Epidemic


I hate valentines day...

No let me fix that! I HATE VALENTINES DAY! Not that I should considering that I have a man. It's just the commercialization of it. The whole marking up two roses to $20 so that it can wither away in someones forgotten vase after one day.

The whole concept of romantic (overprised) dinners followed by the cliche of marriage proposal's or passionate nights only to wake up from the stupor to another day in your "real life".
I mean I don't mind the cinderella idea of it that allows you to think for one night that your "pumpkin" of a honda civic is a beautiful "chariot" of limo or your two short, to tight, to expensive "gown"-like out-fit will return to the state of jean-"rags"...the next day, No! I am upset at the fact that capitalism has once again plagued on a romantic or beautiful notion and made it so commercial it has once again lost it's intimacy and realism.

Anyway, don't be mad at me, I maybe just bitching because I can't afford to buy my baby something nice for valentines day...or I am being bitchy because all around me the pple here are so into the day and what they will get that they have forgotten that love cannot be confined to a day but must be shown everyday... well this is another rant for a jobless student.

1 comment:

Vixen said...

Amen darling sis!

I think I hate V-day even more than you do, mainly cuz of the Vday parties we used to go to in Naija...with the secret presents...

Past Posts and Comments