Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Take a moment and reflect...This is Me?!


Who am I?
Inside myself I gaze at the shell of who I have become
The subjected not the subjector
the haunted not the hunter
I have replaced this tigress within with an antelope
Running for my life
I put my tail in the air and chase away into the night
Any emotion that made me
Want to be strong
Want to stand strong
Want to be me...

Here is a glimpse into my evergreen
What constant emotion has stood this
evolution that has torn my heart
The realization that I can become
Greater than what I am
Yet given the chance
I shy away into a cocoon
created by years of insecurties
I gaze at the mirror in anguish
Willing this joyless heart
To leap within me
For me
Beyond me...

who am i?
Not the fearless tiger inside
Hiding behind closed lids
I daydream of a time when I could
Hold my own
Now I am begging like a dog for a bone
At the dore of pride and bravery
I seek to find that piece broken within
The starvation of an anorexic mind
yearning to be happy, feel and come alive
To love me
Want to be me
Look beyond me...

No comments:

Past Posts and Comments