Thursday, April 5, 2007

Job Searching

Wow! The reality that I am about to enter the Corporate world is seriously plaguing me. I mean yesterday I was all dressed up in charcoal shirt and grey slacks and coat ready for job interviews at the Career Fair. The words used to describe me were mostly "motivated" and "people person". The words used to describe my resume were "wow! if you could teach kids you can handle any disgruntled employee". Many of the people at the Career Fair were interested in Sales positions. I wanted something bigger so I started asking intelligent questions like "any positions open in business management or human resource?" "how about your legal department" "does your company have any other locations?" etc. And the response was interesting. This one lady said that they had a HR position for people with 4 years experience but with my academic training and my skills they may be able to overlook that need and hire me. She wrote all over my resume and said she would contact me soon.

Felt really good!

I can't wait to start working again. Of course I know I am going to be bitching about work sooner or later but for now, let me lap in the luxury of needing a job and feeling it come to fruition soon.

So these last few days have been stressful.
I felt a creeping pain working itself in the lower back of my calves and now it has worked it's way all the way up my back and into my neck. My doctor calls it stress. Well I don't blame him for that diagnosis

I have 4 now (no longer 3 thanks to Math class) Senior projects due. No less than 15 pages each. And all falling in the next five weeks. But these projects are researching organizations, case study analysis, data analysis, PowerPoint presentations (no shorter than 20min) etc. Not to mention my Senior Thesis for H.R. This huge paper that is due, so far I have 40 pages and still counting. So the time I thought I would spend with Baby disappeared.

I picked him up, dropped him off at home and headed to the library. And that has been my schedule for the last few days. No time to blog except now. Which by the way is the time I should be in class but I decided to take it an sleep in because tomorrow I am heading to the Library again.

Anyway, school sucks! but I am grateful it is finally happening for me...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hope you find the ideal position. Entry level is hard but with your background you will probably fly up the corporate ladder.

Past Posts and Comments